Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

It never slows down around here

Keepin' busy, as usual! Here are some of the fun things I've been up to:

Completing these cute stitcheries.


Preparing 2 weeks worth of freezer meals.
freezer meals

Hosting a baby shower (with the help of many).
Photobucket

Re-painting my kitchen (was yellow, is now beige).
Photobucket

Chloe's bedskirt, for which I give all credit to
Dayna! It was originally a two man job, but in the end, she really did it all. Somehow I still feel a huge sense of accomplishment every time I see it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Digging out the carseat and packing the hospital bag.
(Don't worry, Chloe won't be joining us at the hospital. She just demanded to be in the picture.)Photobucket

Taking on a part-time job. Hey, you don't have to convince me that I'm crazy. I wasn't out searching for a job or anything, it just sort of stumbled into my lap. A doctor Neil calls on who does clinical trials on the side unexpectedly lost her coordinator last week and needed immediate assistance in finishing 3 Diabetes studies. There are just a handful of active patients left, and all are in maintenence, which means they are only coming in every 4-6 weeks for routine visits. There's been a lot of work upfront in learning the various protocols and how this doctor functions, but by the end of the week I think I'll have a good handle on things. For months I've actually wanted something very part-time (mostly for my sanity), but never did I imagine an opportunity (especially something right up my alley) would present itself 2 weeks before delivering a baby! The doctor is very aware and supportive of my situation, and has already told me to bring Chloe and/or baby in with me anytime. We tested it out today with Chloe, and while I don't plan to make a habit of it, I'll have to say she did pretty well (both at being good and stealing the hearts of many). The studies I'm helping with should finish up by February, and after this week I'll only be going in a few times a month. So in the grand scheme of things, it really won't conflict much with my normal routine.

Feelin' proud of my hubby. Saturday Neil and his friend, Dave finished the electrical in the basement. Huge accomplishment! Once we pass this last inspection, it's drywall time!
Photobucket

And last but not least, getting that much closer to having a baby. Hopefully I'll have something to report after tomorrow's doctor's appointment! Stay tuned.
signautre

11 comments:

Wendy said...

You've certainly been keeping busy! Those stitcheries are darling! Can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow.

Leslie said...

wow, i can't believe you only have 12 days left. you look AMAZING!
it looks like you are nesting. you look like you are going a million miles per hour.
good luck with the delivery. i can't wait to check back here and see your new baby.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing... I can't believe you have that much energy at 9 months. Way to go!

Natalie said...

Valeri you amaze me! Seriously can I be your neighbor? I just need to find my husband a job out there and we are on our way:) How do you have time in your day to do any of these things? When I was that close to having a baby, I swear that I laid on the couch all day, and just kept telling myself that I would play with Dax once the baby came. ha ha right! I can't wait to hear the baby update, I am hoping for good news tomorrow for you.

Anonymous said...

Yes you are one busy woman! I love the holiday decorations, they are so cute! Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see pics of the baby!

Jodi said...

Wow! You have so much going on! Will you be opening a shop on Etsy too?!! :) Those frames are too cute!

stephschmidt said...

Yikes woman! Slow down! And I thought MY days were busy.... I'm so envious of your freezer full of dinners!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I thought the costume was pretty cute too. I got it at a halloween store here. She felt pretty cool in it, and loved tricker treating.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I thought the costume was pretty cute too. I got it at a halloween store here. She felt pretty cool in it, and loved tricker treating.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You ARE amazing! We've been talking about all this, but seeing it - well, what can I say! SO proud of you! I think you deserve to just chill for awhile now....just relax and look at your darling needlepoint designs and the beautiful walls of your kitchen. LOVE it! Chloe sitting on your packed bag melted my heart. Once again, wanna just grab her outa there! Kiss her for me, please, give Neil our love, and pat your belly.

LOVE you!
Love to ALL!
Mama/Gma Jill

brittanyc said...

You are an amazing woman!! Isn't getting all that done give you such a feeling of accomplishment?! Good for you. Pregnant and making all of us non-pregnant women look bad :)
Britt