Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A second Christmas

First of all, I have to say I am so proud of my children! I was not looking forward to the eight and a half hour drive to Utah (not including the stops), but both Chloe and Ryan handled it amazingly well. Ryan slept the ENTIRE way (minus feedings, of course), and Chloe was an extremely good sport, entertaining herself with the contents of her new backpack, watching movies and eating lots of sugary snacks (hey, you do what you can to keep 'em happy during road trips). Between only two stops and great driving weather, we made it to Salt Lake in ten hours! Coming home was even better, if you can believe that, miraculously requiring only one stop! I am still scratching my head over that one. No, I did not starve my son. Lucky for me, he takes a bottle.

Photobucket
Only moments after meeting, Ryan's already warmed up to Grandpa Roy!

My cousin, Heather, who lives in California, arranged a trip out during the time we were there. JD is five weeks older than Ryan, and we've been itching to get the babes together. We only wish Misty, Heather's sister, who also had a baby boy at the end of September, could have joined us.

Photobucket
I am holding JD and Heather is holding Ryan.

Photobucket
Chloe with the boys.


Photobucket
Grandma Martha with her new great grandsons.

Photobucket
I love how she's looking at Ryan in this one. Too precious...

Photobucket
Smiles to Uncle Curtis.

Photobucket
Chloe and Aaron. Aaron's mom, Leslie and Neil knew each other at BYU and were recently reconnected (thank you, blogging) after several years.

Photobucket
This photo is courtesy of my husband. Sure do love this man (and his mad picture taking skills).

Photobucket
Grandma Jill with her favorite kids.

Photobucket
3 generations: Aunt Pat, cousin Wendy, me, Chloe (who's surprisingly rejecting the camera) and Mom.

Photobucket
Bet you can't guess who Brandon cheered for at the Sugar Bowl.

Photobucket
Bedtime stories with Aunt Holli.

Photobucket
Snugglin' with Uncle D on New Year's Eve.

Photobucket
More smiles to Grandpa and Grandma.

We were on the go pretty much the whole trip, but saw mostly everyone we hoped to. We also ate Cafe Rio (a must) and managed to sneak away one afternoon to cash in a gift card to Market Street Grill (kid-free, of course). Ryan was smiling up a storm, as seen in the above pictures, and everyone naturally fell in love with him. Chloe, the proud big sister, also soaked up plenty of attention, and we are still having some withdrawals as a result.

It feels good to be home. Saturday we made the transition from pack 'n play to crib. It hasn't even seemed to phase Ryan. I miss hearing all his little noises at night and knowing he's within reach, but it's also been nice getting more restful sleep.
Photobucket

The guest bedroom furniture is still in Ryan's room and will be until the basement is finished. Here's a peek at the room now (or at least the half of it that belongs to him). Neil finished putting up the beadboard paneling the day I went into labor, and we painted the room the first week Ryan was home. I am loving the blue.

Photobucket

Here's my sweet little guy after his bath last night. I can't believe he'll be 2 months tomorrow!
Photobucket
signautre

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

So fun! I am totally jealous that you got to eat at Cafe Rio. It was one of my favorite places to go when we lived in SLC. Looks like you had a grand trip and it's wonderful that both kiddos did so well. That's always my fear on long trips-thank goodness for dvds and snacks!! :O)

Steph said...

Such cute pictures! I love Ryan's room. I'm glad you guys had such a great trip to UT and had such great driving. I imagine you're not the only ones going through withdrawals... :)

Wendy said...

Well I just love that picture of Brandon! :) I LOVE the blue in Ryan's room...it's so pretty. I bet it feels good to be back home. Miss you guys!

Twinkies said...

I can't believe you posted pictures of cafe rio. Now it's all I want. I wish I could be there to meet Ryan and see Chloe. How bout a trip to VA? =]

Anonymous said...

Precious precious precious! It was SO wonderful to have you here. I LOVE the photos of Chloebug with Ryan and Jon (she's just beaming!), you and Heather with the babies (you're both radiant and the babies look so darling), Gpa Roy and Uncle D with Ryan, Gma Martha with Jon and Ryan, well...all the others too. You and Neil are pretty cute in the one he took too :). Darling little Ryan has such a sweet smile now, and Chloe just grows cuter every day. No words....

Love love love,
Mama/Gma Jill

A family of four said...

I love that last picture of Ryan. He is cutie!