Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ever have days like these?

Photobucket
...where all you want to do is sprawl out on the kitchen floor and go to sleep?

My poor, sick Chloe. What started as hoarseness and a cough Saturday night quickly progressed into:

  • an ear infection (first one ever)
  • an eye infection (also a first) &
  • a chest cold

My little girl has been MISERABLE these last few days, and I finally took her to the doctor this afternoon. I always hesitate to make that appointment. Call me crazy, but paying $60 to hear someone with a M.D. behind his name tell me my child is fine and to just keep giving her Tylenol every 4 hours until it passes doesn't exactly appeal to me. This morning however, as Chloe shuffled around the house with her blanket, refusing to eat, and looking as though she might pass out at any second, it was obvious that whatever I'd been doing wasn't enough.

I am hoping Chloe is back to her old happy, talkative, and yes, even sassy self soon. I miss her. Luckily the rest of us have managed to stay mostly well. My body has been fighting a sore throat and general achiness since Sunday, but if that's all I have to deal with I'll gladly endure it a few more days! The pediatrician took a peek at Ryan after Chloe's appointment and confirmed he looked perfectly fine. She did suggest I keep a close eye on him (duh), and Chloe a fair distance from him (right). I'll just wave my magic wand to make that happen. Actually, if I had a magic wand, I wouldn't be taking advice from a pediatrician because my daughter wouldn't be sick!

Here's Mr. Ryan this afternoon. At least someone in the house was happy today.Photobucket

signautre

15 comments:

Jodi said...

Hope Chloe feels better soon and everyone else stays healthy!

Dawn Hudson said...

I can't remember how I came across your site, but I am glad I did. Youhave such a cute little family. I do hope Chloe gets better soon. It's no fun watching your little one suffer.

The Tait Family said...

Poor Chloe! That is no fun at all! Get better soon!!
But on the other hand....look at how cute your little man is! His smile just lights up his entire face. What a cutie.

Stacie and Darren said...

Poor little girl! Kids look so sad when they are really sick. Hope she gets over it fast. And, little baby Ryan is the cutest ever!

Rebekah said...

Ooooh that's no fun!!! I hope she's better soon.

Natalie said...

Oh I hope Chloe feels better soon! There is nothing worse than having sick kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh that stinks! I hate having a sick child. I hope she gets better soon. Ryan is getting so big, he is just as cute as can be.

Anonymous said...

Poor Chloe... hope she is feeling better soon. That is the same nasty stuff Gharrett had during Christmas. When everyone is feeling better we want to come & see your basement, so just let us know :)

Jamie Lamb said...

Glad you have one happy kid! Hope the sick germs leave quickly. An answer to your question - the new camera is a Nikon D90. Hope you get your new camera soon.

Wendy said...

Poor Chloe! I hope she gets better soon. Brandon and I have both been really sick this week, too, and so far Chase has been fine. I hope you, Neil and Ryan don't get sick, either!

R A C H A E L said...

So! When can I photograph little Ryan? Let me know what works for you... Maybe Sunday after church?

Allison said...

Wish I could send you my magic potions. Especially for ear infections. I'll put it on my list. Email me your mailing address, would ya?

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh.....precious little darling there on the floor.....just SO glad she's getting better. Sure with I could hug her.....and that adorable little smiling guy.....and you....and Neil.

You're such a good mommy. Proud of you!

Love you all so.....
Mama/Gma Jill

Camille said...

I hope everybody is doing OK now and I know what you mean about the dr's instructions. When the twins were babies and Cameron & Micah were toddlers and Jamey was born, the dr. told me not to lift anything heavier than Jamey. Yeah right.

Nells-Bells said...

he is such a doll!!!