Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Preggers update

Well here I am at 31 weeks. And here's what I love and don't love about being pregnant:

LOVE:
* Feeling and watching all the movements; lots of kicks in my ribs and lots of knees and elbows everywhere else. It's also fun to see the baby maneuver to one side or the other so that my belly looks lopsided.

*Baby's hiccups. I always feel the little thumps on my lower left side.

*Baby responding to Chloe's voice.

*Anticipating baby's arrival and finally discovering whether it's a boy or a girl. No, we really truly don't know the gender!

DON'T LOVE:
*Heartburn, constantly feeling the urge to pee (even when I sometimes don't have to), swelling/tightening in my shins and calves, braxton hicks, tiring easily, feeling as though my internal organs are being smashed together, and, Neil's personal favorite, my absentmindedness.

We originally planned to schedule a c-section, but I recently decided to attempt a vbac. Considering the baby's head is big and my pelvis is narrow, I realize my chances are slim. But I want to experience going into labor on my own. And more importantly, I want to allow the baby to decide when s/he is ready. My doctor is 100% behind me and says he'll do everything in his power to help me succeed. Even if I end up having another c-section in the end, I'll at least know I gave it my best shot. And for that reason, I'll truly be happy with either outcome. Neil keeps joking that I'm going to go into labor on Chloe's birthday. It's a definite possibility, but if that's the case, I suppose it was meant to be!

I dreamt the other night that we had a girl. My gut has told me boy all along, but I was also positive Chloe was going to be a boy. Chloe insisted for quite a while that she was going to have a sister, but now it seems to change every time we ask her. Neil leans more towards girl, but doesn't have a strong feeling one way or another. Neither outcome will surprise me. All I really care about is having a healthy and happy baby.

2 months to go!
signautre

16 comments:

Camille said...

So fun! Those were all my joys and complaints too -- the heartburn was terrible! And stretch marks. Yuck. How do you get those to go away? That is my next goal in life. :) I think you should have a girl and name her Camille.

Rebekah said...

Good luck with the VBAC. I had one with Keegan (my 2nd). He was 10 days late. I don't wish that on ANYONE!!!! But it was quick and i'm glad I got to experience it once (my girl was also a c-section). Good luck with it and BTW...you look great!!!!!!

The Goulds said...

You are too cute & I miss you!!!

Natalie said...

You look great! Good luck with the VBAC, if I could do it over again I really think I would have tried a VBAC. I hope it goes well. I don't know how you can wait to know the gender, good for you! I really don't think I could wait. I am way too curious.
Only 2 months left, man your pregnancy is flying by. Well at least for me:)

stephschmidt said...

Yeah for only 2 months to go! I love your cute belly :) Todd and I were sure Dallin was a girl, until my ultrasound.

Cristi said...

You look so great! I HATE heartburn too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyla said...

hey Valeri, My kids are so old I don't even remember much about the bad stuff. I hope It goes well with the VBAC. I know you'll do great whatever happens. Chloe is so lucky to have you and Neil for parents. I still remember encouraging Neil on for a baby. :) I miss you guys so much. Call us next time you're up this way. Lots of hugs and kisses to Chloe.

paulak said...

You look so cute. I love it.

Mamamanya said...

You look great. Oh how I miss feeling the baby movements and hiccups! Too cute! Glad your pregnancy is going well...can't wait til November :)

dayna said...

oh you look so good! and your hair is getting SO long. you are beautiful!

The Barton Family said...

You look so cute! Hang in there!

brittanyc said...

Well, you are a doll at 31 weeks. Prilosec (however you spell it) works WONDERS for heartburn. Have you tried it? I didn't discover it until Abram, and it changed my life.
And...I envision you with a darling little baby boy :)
Good luck with the VBAC. It really is an amazing thing to go into labor on your own. I'm glad you're going to try it!
Britt

Anonymous said...

Oh you just look beautiful - radiant! Your face and hair are shining like the sun. The sweet sight of your belly conjures up all sorts of emerging miracles. How can you both get any more precious?

Praying about the mode of delivery...I'm proud of you!

Love you soooo,
Mama

Leslie said...

You look adorable! Tell Neil that I think he's having a girl. That's a cute picture of him and Chloe.

Becca said...

you look great! All baby

Rachel said...

You look so great Valeri! I can't believe you have the patience to wait though to find out what you're having. But even better, or crazier, you are going to go into labor on your own. The value definitely lies in making sure the baby is ready but I will say you are a brave soul. You go girl!