Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Wendy!

Happy Birthday to my best friend, Wendy, whom I've known and looked up to since I was four-years-old! While our friendship has primarily been long distance, we've somehow managed to remain close for over twenty years. Each summer growing up, we took a trip to Salt Lake to visit my mom's family. Naturally, being that we're cousins (our moms are sisters), we'd cross paths and spend as much of those short two weeks together as possible before it was time to say goodbye for another year. We made endless memories during those Salt Lake summers, many of which I will NEVER forget. Forever live the blue bra! :)

Our lives have had many parallels and we've supported one another and shared in just about every milestone and accomplishment. I don't know what I'd do without you, Wendy, and I hope you know just how loved and admired you are!

And now, a journey to the past...


Summer 1988


Summer 1995 (?)


I can't believe I'm posting these. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!



1999


2000 (with
Britt)


Our wedding days (February 9, 2001 and August 28, 2002)


July 2005 - both pregnant and both due in November
(typical of us)


February 2006 (with Chase and Chloe, who were born 16 days apart)




February 2006 (3 months)



June 2007 (7 months)


May 2007 (18 months)


June 2008 (two and a half)

Happy Birthday, Marco! Or is it Eugene? Wish I could treat you to a Fiesta burrito from Armando's Kitchen! Raincheck?

May our friendship continue to produce lasting memories. I love you so much!
signautre

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so sweet to have such a dear cousin and friend. And I enjoyed the pics from back in the day :)

Wendy said...

You are so sweet!! I loved every piece of this; thank you so much for the post! I love that you posted those funny pics of us because I almost posted some for your birthday (and Chase had a good laugh looking at them)! Thanks for this and for all you do for me! Your friendship means so much to me. I love you!

Pat said...

Valeri, this is so beautiful, I still have tears rolling down my face! I loved every bit of it, and the pictures just melted my heart. That first one of you two when Wendy was seven (so I guess you were five) was just too precious! I don't think I've ever seen it before. ALL of them are wonderful and bring back such precious memories of the two of you. What wonderful friends you have been through all these years, as well as cousins, and look at all you have shared, including going though your pregnancies together and having your babies so close to the same time! Seeing all the pictures of Chloe and Chase was just like a walk down memory lane--SO precious!! This was a wonderful tribute to a very special girl on her birthday from another very special girl. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us too! I love you!
~~Pat

stephschmidt said...

So cute! I hope you had a Happy Happy Birthday, Wendy!

Camille said...

How sweet -- I love all the photos. I can't believe there was no mention of the blue bra? Or a photo? Hmm... still wondering what THAT was all about...