Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ryan is 6 months!

WARNING: This post contains nudity. If you consider bare baby bums to be offensive, exit this blog immediately! And seriously, get a life!

Ryan had his 6 month check up yesterday. He's my long lean boy, still with plenty of chunks! Here are his current stats:

16 lbs., 6 oz. (31st percentile)
27 inches (75th percentile)

And here are some of the things that have been occupying his time:

He's been sitting stably for a couple weeks now. It's great plopping him on the floor with a toy and walking away, knowing he'll be perfectly fine. He especially enjoys sitting in front of the mirror in our bedroom, where he can admire his reflection. He gets quite a kick out of himself. Who wouldn't starring at such a handsome face?

Ryan
What a little ham!

He's slowly becoming mobile. When I lay him on his back, he immediately rolls onto his stomach, then straightens his arms, ultimately lifting his top half off the floor. Now if he could just figure out what to do with those legs, he'd be taking off! He has started to do the backwards army crawl, and also rotates around in a circle over and over again, but hasn't yet grasped traditional crawling. I'd be willing to bet that within 2 weeks the safety gate finds a permanent home at the top of the stairs.

Ryan

Ryan is still a horrible sleeper! Early to bed, early to rise with lots of wakings in between is his philosophy. Drives me crazy. I've tried everything I know to try. Feeding him solids just before bed, laying him down when he's still awake, letting him cry it out at night, etc. Naps aren't much better. Rarely does he sleep for more than 45 minutes to an hour at a time. Stubborn boy. Good thing I love him so much!

Photobucket

He's started mumbling some with the "goos" and "gaas", but mainly just squeals and coos still. He has the sweetest temperament, and loves to just sit back and observe the action most of the time. I'm learning he is very responsive to music. Often when he's fussing, I'll start to sing and almost immediately he will stop fussing. Sunday when Neil and I subbed in Primary, Ryan hardly took his eyes off
Anna, who lead singing time.

If you smile at Ryan, he'll smile right back, guaranteed. He's my friendly, social, sweet SWEET boy.

Ryan

Not sure where the last 6 months went. Hopefully the next 6 give me at least a few moments to breathe and enjoy this baby before he's not one anymore!
signautre

9 comments:

Twinkies said...

Those are the sweetest cheeks I've ever seen. Both sets. It's hard not to reach in the pictures and give them a squeeze. He is doll.

The Goulds said...

You are not kidding that time flies. I was just doing dishes thinking how does time just slip right through my fingers? Preschool is over next week & Zhara will be in school in 10 weeks. Sometimes I think my heart can't handle it. He's beautiful & I love baby bums :)

Mama/Gma Jill said...

So so so so soooooo sweet. Oh he's just so sweet!!! So is Chloebug. So are your posts. So are you. I'm so glad you got that camera to go with your great talent. Your pictures - and your posts - are amazing.
Love to see them.....

Love you all!
Mama/Gma Jill

Rebekah said...

He's so cute! I can't believe he's already 6 months old! Seems like I was reading that he was just born. Crazy!

Bre said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I love the bum picture! Super cute!

Wendy said...

Awww...too cute!

Cristi said...

awwwww! if we have a boy someday, we are planning on naming him ryan (after alan's best friend) and i hope his cheeks are as cute as your ryan's!

paulak said...

Cute pictures. Yum yum recipes! I wish I like to cook. I miss you too, its been crazy busy, and my baby is not as easy as Kya and as I was hoping. I have been so bad about getting on blogs lately...I still love you, just busy. We are almost done with our basement and then on to the next project....the fitness center. How are you doing?