Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Recipe of the Week

These were sounding really good to me earlier this week, so I decided to make them today! They are considered an appetizer, but they also make a great meal over white rice (which is how we'll be eating them tonight). I used to take these to Neil's office potlucks and they were always a hit. They are easy and, quite frankly, the best cocktail meatballs I've ever tasted. Enjoy.

Barbecued Cocktail Meatballs


Ingredients:

Meatballs:
2 lbs. ground beef
1/3 c. ketchup
3 T. seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 T. dried minced onion
3/4 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. black pepper
1/4 t. salt


Sauce:
1 c. ketchup
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 6oz. can tomato paste
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1 t. hot pepper sauce (to taste)


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl combine meatball ingredients. Mix thoroughly with hands or wooden spoon. Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
Place meatballs in two 15x10-inch jelly-roll pans or shallow roasting pans. Bake 20 minutes, or until meatballs are nicely browned. Transfer meatballs to slow cooker.
In another large bowl combine sauce ingredients. Mix and pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on LOW 4-5 hours. Serve with toothpicks or over white rice.
Makes about 2 dozen meatballs. YUM!!!
signautre

3 comments:

Angie said...

Looks delicious! I'll have to try it!

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Those look so good! Do you want to be apart of my recipe blog? I can send you an invite or you can email me recipes. I am always looking for new ones. Let me know, but don't feel obligated!