Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year! I'm a Sunbeam!

In the words of Ryan Grant himself:

My mom's hopeless.  Her blog is so far behind.  SHE is so far behind.  And yet, life never seems to slow down.  It doesn't help, of course, that she's got me to keep her on her toes.  Good thing I'm so darn cute!  Mom often asks the question, "Why can't there be seven of me?"  To be honest, the thought of having seven moms seems like a bit much, but I guess I can see her point.  Hopefully she can catch her breath one of these months, and, in the process, get this blog in better (and more current) shape.  In the meantime, life goes on, I suppose.

We had a really nice Christmas at home.  More on that eventually.  My sister's still on break through the end of this week, and she, mom and I just got back from a quick and spontaneous trip to Utah.  This is the first trip we've made there where mom hasn't told a soul we were coming (with the exception of the usual, obvious people: Grandpa Roy, Grandma Jill, Uncle D, Great Grandma Martha, Great Aunt Gertrude, and Wendy).  It was quite nice, actually, not having a ton on our plates, though I think mom's in trouble with a few people now that it's out in the open that we were there.  Oh well.  There's always next time.

So, onto more exciting events!  Guess what milestone I reached on Sunday?  You got it!  I became a Sunbeam!  Mom and I could hardly believe it, and just as we sat down in Sacrament Meeting, I proudly announced, "I get to go to Primary today!"  I wasn't nervous or apprehensive in the least.  When Sacrament Meeting was over and it was time to head to Primary, I took Chloe's hand and together we skipped down the hall and down the stairs (we were at Grandma Jill's ward) to the Primary room.  Mom sat with me through Sharing and Singing time and I couldn't have done better!  The opening song was, "I Love to See the Temple" and I sang every word, loud and clear.  Then the other children sang a welcome song to Chloe and me, since we were visitors and all.  I sat reverently through all of Singing and Sharing time, and was a very good boy.  I even went to my class happily and without hesitation.  Mom took a few pictures of me sitting in the Primary room before Sharing time began, but she'll have to share those with you later. 

I feel like such a big boy going to Primary!  Mom says she can't believe I'm old enough!  I suppose it wasn't all that long ago that Chloe was in my same boat.  Time really does fly!
signautre

2 comments:

Rick and Mandy Lockard said...

I remember when Chloe was a little Sunbeam in my class. She was a firecracker! I bet Ryan will be just as much fun :)

Rebekah said...

super cute!!! glad he's so happy about going to primary!