Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mish mash: Part 1

Wow, it's been a while! I think this is the longest stretch I've gone without blogging (before the 3 previous posts). I wish I had more time to devote to it. Life is just busy, that's all there is to it. Some days I can't even find the time to shower let alone blog! I love my life though, sticky floors and all. Since I don't have the energy to write a full update on the mish mash of recent happenings, I'm going to do it in parts.

Part 1: Ryan

Friday marked quite a milestone for this boy. Yep, Ryan's officially mobile. He'd been scooting around a little here and a little there, but nothing of significance. That is, until Friday, when the light bulb went on and he realized he could get places. He still hasn't mastered the traditional crawl yet. He has no trouble getting on all fours, but when it comes to actually moving, he plops right back onto his stomach and slithers across the floor until he's reached his destination. It's pretty entertaining to watch, especially considering his fast speed.
The other morning I went to get him out of his crib and was astonished to find him kneeling against and holding onto the railing, glancing over the edge of his crib. If he'd leaned forward any further he easily could have flipped out! Yeah, just a little scary. The stinker! He just keeps surprising us with new things! The picture below was taken after the fact, when he'd lowered himself back down. Still, you get the idea.

Photobucket

Ryan is getting to be a better eater, enjoying a variety of foods. He's more willing to eat the jarred stuff than he used to be (really just in the last week), but still prefers table food. Smart boy! Yesterday I was eating left over Parmesan chicken. He was sitting in the booster next to me and quickly made it known that he wanted to try some. No sooner was he was out of his booster than he had successfully grabbed a handful of noodles off my plate. Between that and an occasional lick of spaghetti sauce, Ryan was in heaven. Today he's refused jarred food all together! Go figure.

Photobucket
"Oops!"

Photobucket
"You didn't see that, did you?"

Photobucket
"Well, I guess there's only one way to clean up this mess. Veggie puff, anyone?"

Ryan's quickly becoming vocal. He makes lots of screeching, grunting and growling sounds and seems quite pleased with himself. In the last couple days, he's discovered "baa" and has repeated it frequently ever since. Another fun discovery is the 'If I drop something, Mommy will pick it up' game. Lucky me.

Photobucket

So that's the latest with our sweet boy!
signautre

3 comments:

Stelene said...

He is such a cutie and getting so big.. It's crazy how fast they grow up :)

Wendy said...

He looks so much like Neil! Once again, fabulous pictures!

paulak said...

Great pictures. I love the crib peeker. Chloe is growing up so fast...her apron poses are to dye for. Miss you guys!