Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

The latest

Since returning home from Florida we have been back to house projects. Saturday especially, we spent a good portion of the day painting. No, we are still not finished! It's the never ending project! Despite the hours we've put in, however, we are so much happier with the color and haven't regretted even once getting ourselves into this. We are close to finishing too. Just a little trim, the garage doors and some touch up spots. Here's a before and after sneak peek:


{left photo: May 2007 (right before moving in); right photo: July 2008 (yes, I need a plant on my porch, I know)}

Chloe and I have spent much of the summer at a local neighborhood pool with my friend, Melanie, and her sweet kiddos. It has been heaven having a place to cool off, allow Chloe to exert some of her energy, and maintain my tan while enjoying some mom-to-mom talk.


{Chloe & Matthew}


We've also been taking evening bike rides as a family. We bought a chariot carrier to hook to the back of Neil's bike for Chloe at the end of last summer but have only recently made real use of it. She loves it and squeals with joy as we ride, especially when Neil gets going really fast. The other night we stopped at the park just a block from our house and let Chloe play for a little while.


{Swingin' and slidin' - two of Chloe's favorite things!}

And here I am at 24 weeks! I am feeling good overall, just bigger and further along than I actually am. My doctor's appointment last week went well, and I was once again reminded that weight gain is not an issue for me like it was during my first pregnancy. I gained a total of 35 pounds with Chloe, and the majority of that was during the last three months. I've already gained 26 pounds and still have OVER three months to go! So at this rate I'll be well above the 35 pound mark by the time little R or P makes his/her debut. It's all good though. I'm healthy and the baby's healthy - that's the important thing! And I still feel mostly cute. :)

My latest indulgence is baked goods. Cookies, brownies, muffins, bread - it doesn't really matter! It all sounds good to me - all the time! And while I've always enjoyed these things, I can't seem to ever get enough these days! Every other night I'm baking something. Neil and Chloe don't seem to mind too much.

Baby is moving A TON, often making it difficult for me to fall asleep at night. Go figure 10:30pm would be his favorite time to play! Yesterday in church Neil and I were giggling at my rolling and twitching belly. I love it! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by! Our next appointment is on our wedding anniversary (August 28th), and we are having a 3D ultrasound. By this point I will be into my third trimester! Holy cow!

Not much more to report. I'm working on a post about Chloe, which will hopefully be here for all to see within the next couple of days. Otherwise, that's the latest on our wonderful life!
signautre

11 comments:

Barry and Shannon said...

are you gender bending these days? check the paragraph next to your very pretty pregnancy photo. otherwise i might think you cheated!!!

Anonymous said...

Attack, attack, attack!!! Don't know when I've wanted SO much to crawl into your photos. Melted my heart. So glad we got to see all four of you! You do look so beautiful in your dress - love the dress! Love you! Fun to think of you and Neil giggling at little darling's flip flops or rolls or whatever in Church.

Radiance continues on...

Love love love,
Mama/Gma Jill

Wendy said...

The house looks great and so do you! I'm so glad you guys are having such a fun summer...I only wish we lived closer so we could spend a lot more time together! Oh, and like the first comment, I also noticed that you said HIS. ;)

stephschmidt said...

Look at your cute little self! You are one that is SO cute pregnant! I still can't believe the energy you have with your pregnancy, and 2 yr old, and home projects, AND baking... Good grief! Your house looks really nice though! Glad you're having such a fun summer!

Valeri said...

I always referred to Chloe as a "he" when I was pregnant with her... guess it's just habit. No hidden message in my post - we really didn't cheat! :)

Rachel said...

Wow you're ambitious! The house looks great and so do you. I'm glad you guys are doing so well and are so happy. I hope my pregnancy goes as "fast" as yours (I guess it helped that I didn't know you were pregnant until your 20 week mark). ;)

Camille Foote said...

Your house looks great. You are amazing! It is really hard for me to motivate myself to take on big projects and here you are taking on painting the house pregnant! I love the pictures looks like you guys are having a fun summer.

Cristi said...

You look awesome! I gained 65 pounds with Brooke!

Camille said...

I really loved that about being pregnant -- sometimes I would stay in the bathtub for a long time watching the baby's bum or head or feet or whatever it was moving back and forth across my tummy. There is just NOTHING like it!

paulak said...

You look fabulous and sounds like you are doing well. Great job on the house. Can't wait to be at a point where we can post before and after pics of our house project...never ending is right. Looks great. Miss you!

brittanyc said...

I want to know what the R or P stand for! What names have you chosen?!
Britt