Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nice...

This morning as I was entering the grocery store, I passed an employee who without hesitation asked, "So how many days do you have left?"

How many days? Are you for real? I mean I know I'm big, but I'm not that big!

When I responded with, "Just under 4 months," the look of surprise, then horror, and then regret for having opened his mouth overwhelmed the poor guy's face. And all he could utter was, "Oh." It was quite funny. I'd be willing to bet that's the last time he asks a pregnant stranger how far along she is.

While I (still) find the incident to be humorous, I wonder if I ought to take the hint and slow down on the baked goods. :)
signautre

8 comments:

Rachel said...

That is really funny! For some reason perfect strangers think that pregnancy is a perfectly safe and public topic. At least he didn't rub your belly. :)

Rebekah said...

That is funny!! I'll agree with the above, at least he didn't want to rub your belly!!

I say indulge! It's the only time when you can do it guilt free!

Melissa said...

i say don't worry about it for 2 reasons:
1. it was a man that has never been pregnant.
2. you aren't that big! when you are super skinny (as you are) that baby has nowhere to go but out. to me you look like you have about 4 months to go.

just wait til i'm pregnant again...i wish i was that small! i think you look great!

Anonymous said...

That's nothing. You should have seen the look on peoples faces when they would ask how close I was to my due date with the twins. Then with bridgette they would look at my belly and then ask if it was twins again. The only reason you look really pregnant( and I'm not sure how prego you look becuase we need more belly shots} is because the rest of your body is the size of a toothpick.

paulak said...

Your title says it perfectly...Nice. I like the way you put him in his place so nicely. You look fabulous to me.

stephschmidt said...

Aren't people funny?? Todd and I went on a cruise when I was only a few months pregnant with Dallin and people were always asking me when I was due. I thought that was pretty daring of them, because I really wasn't even showing that much yet... Or at least I didn't think I was :)

Wendy said...

Hopefully he learned his lesson! You have nothing to worry about. You always look great.

Camille said...

The comment I got was usually, "are you having twins?"