Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A work in progress

Well, we finished the main color yesterday (second coat and all). The weather was all over the place, which especially made us nervous during the moments we could no longer see sun light. Luckily the rain did not pay us a visit! We wrapped things up around 6, and then devoured an entire large Papa John's pizza! I cannot tell you how incredibly exhausted we both were last night, and are still today! I'd like to say what's left is minimal, but it really isn't. At least we're finished with the main body!

Here's the house in its current state.



Saying goodbye to the last of the brown... good riddance!


Nothing spectacular at this point, but anyone who has seen our house in person would agree that it already looks better. We still have trim, shutters, the front door, and possibly the garage doors left (depending on whether or not their current color blends with the rest of the house once we are finished). I'll post true before and after photos once the job is complete.
signautre

6 comments:

Steph said...

WOW! I don't look at blogs for a few days and look what happens - you go and paint your house! It looks really good - I'm so impressed! I'm excited to see the before and after pictures :)

Kelly Stoddart said...

I think that it looks great! Of course I didn't see it before. But good job, you are way more ambitious than we are.

brittanyc said...

I still can't get over that you just up and decided to take on such an enormous project! It really does look fabulous. I bet it feels so great to have that much done!!!! I am also sure your neighbors are all very glad!
Britt

The Goulds said...

It looks so much better! I didn't realize how dark it was. Way to go!

Camille said...

It looks so nice. You guys did a great job!

Becca said...

It must feel nice to have that out of the way. What a big undertaking.