Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lucky girls

Chloe's predictions for the day were correct (see previous post).

She got a sucker at Dr. Baer's office (2, actually)

...Then onto the grocery store for a cookie! What a lucky girl!

And what made her (and her mommy) even luckier is that they got to see daddy and have lunch with him! Neil has NEVER missed any of my doctor's appointments (with this pregnancy or the last). In fact, my appointment last month happened to land on one of his Pueblo days, which was especially difficult for him because on top of having to leave Pueblo earlier than usual to get to Colorado Springs in time for my 4:00 appointment (a good 50 miles), he had a dinner program that same evening BACK IN PUEBLO. The poor guy definitely made some sacrifices to be there, but never once complained! I don't know about you, but I think that says a lot. I sure do love my Neil.

And speaking of doctor's appointments, today's went very well. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was music to my ears, let me tell you! At 155 beats per minute, it sounded as strong and healthy as ever! Once again, relief! And yippee, as of this Friday, goodbye first trimester, hello second! And, while we're on the subject, I felt the baby move for the first time last Thursday. They are just little thumps at this point (mostly on my right side), but they'll get MUCH stronger with time. What incredible things. I am very fortunate.

signautre

6 comments:

Steph said...

What a fun day you've had! Cute pictures! And I loved the Chloe quotes :) So glad everythings still going well!

Wendy said...

So happy to hear the appointment went well. I can't believe you're already entering your 2nd trimester - it's going so fast (at least I think it is)! Glad you could have lunch with Neil, too. :)

paulak said...

What a fun day. Neil is a great guy. Glad to hear the baby is well and kickin'. How fun!

paulak said...

What a fun day. Neil is a great guy. Glad to hear the baby is well and kickin'. How fun!

Anonymous said...

SOOOO wonderful about the strong little heartbeat! Wonderful of Neil always to go with you.....he's a treasure. And love the pictures of Chloebug. Uh, didn't she want a pink donut?

Love you all,
Mama/Gma Jill

Camille said...

So fun! No, Jill, she didn't want a pink donut - she wanted to go to the Olive Garden!