Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

That's my girl!

I am one proud mama today! Know why? Because my daughter went pee AND poop in the toilet!!!

For weeks Chloe has been informing me when she's had to go, or when she's just gone. And more recently, she's started to tell me when she's actually going. After several rushed trips to the bathroom, only to find out we were too late, we finally reached success today! The second she said she had to go I plopped her on the toilet and within minutes (yes, minutes - it took a little while), she started to grunt. Then the next thing I hear is, "I poop!!" And sure enough... (I'll spare you the details). Then after a minute or so she peed. She wouldn't let me get her down for probably ten minutes. I guess she just wanted to absorb every moment of praise and recognition possible! When she was finally finished, she peeked over the edge of the toilet to catch a glimpse of the "goods" before flushing them down and waving goodbye.

And she just went again this evening! Woohoo! That's my girl!

Looks like we're on our way to days of potty charts, pull-ups, and treats for going! I've already got the M&M jar ready!

It's incredible (and kind of pathetic) the things that excite us moms, eh?
signautre

6 comments:

Becca said...

Yeah for Chloe! She's a "big girl" now. And no more stinky diapers for you. Yee Haa

Anonymous said...

Yes, by all means - WooHoo!!! Way to go, Chloe!!! Fun to get the phone call! Fun to see this entry! Precious girl is growing up.

Love you all!
Mama

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! Welcome to potty training....let the joy begin!

paulak said...

That's great. I look forward to those days, I've already started a little, but not really pushing it yet. Way to go Chloe!

adam said...

She is growing up so much! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. It would be nice to see you all again.

Natalie said...

Yeah you don't have to change diapers anymore!! You are lucky I am now going to be double duty with the diapers. I must be crazy! Someday we'll get where Chloe is. Ahh...someday!