Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

About Us

What is his name? Neil Scott

How long have you been together? We just celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary August 28th. This coming February 9th will be the sixth anniversary of our first date.

How did you meet? We worked at Chevy's in Provo, UT. I was a hostess, he was a server. He swore up and down he'd never date a co-worker. Boy did I prove him wrong!

How long did you date? 6 1/2 months - we didn't waste any time!

How old is he? He'll be 29 in January.

Who eats more? He eats bigger portions less frequently. I on the other hand like to snack. A LOT! Hmm, hard to tell.

Who said I love you first? For how sentimental I am you'd think I'd remember, but I honestly don't. I'd say it was me, but I'm positive he wasn't a day behind.

Who is taller? He is, but not by more than an inch or two. I wore flip flops on our wedding day so I wouldn't be taller in any of the pictures.

Who sings better? Good question. Let's not find out.

Who is smarter? Neil is.

Whose temper is worse? Mine. Although when Neil gets really angry (which is rare), it's wise to keep your distance.

Who does the laundry? Two of Neil's least favorite things are laundry and grocery shopping.

Who does the dishes? I do.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do.

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who mows the lawn? Neil does. The outside of the house is pretty much his terrain, except the weeds. Now how did I get stuck with that job?

Who cooks dinner? I do.

Who drives when you are together? Neil mostly does.

Who is more stubborn? Chloe. She gets it from her mom. There, does that answer your question?

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? We are both fully capable of acting like adults. It's the whole heat of the moment thing that gets us!

Whose parents do you see the most? Mine - they're in Utah. Neil's are in Georgia.

Who kissed who first? Neil kissed me. It was the first thing he did on our third date in fact.. apparently he'd made up his mind that he liked me.

Who asked who out? Neil asked me out after his original date backed out. Romantic, I know. Let's go back to the last question.

Who proposed? Neil did. First he surprised me at the Olive Garden in downtown Salt Lake (arranged a private booth for us) after we'd been apart 2 full months (he'd been in CA doing an Internship with Smuckers). Needless to say, we didn't eat much salad or bread sticks. He then took me on a carriage ride circling Temple Square and that's when he dropped the question. Got down on his knee and everything. I learned later that evening that on his way to the Olive Garden, he stopped at my parents house to ask my father's permission for my hand in marriage. What a smart boy!

What is your favorite memory of this person? One of many: Moments after Chloe was born, when Neil announced, "Congratulations Mom, you have a daughter!" and brought her over to meet me. To #1 - be called "Mom" and know it is a reality, and #2 - be told I have a healthy daughter are the two greatest things I've ever been told in the same sentence!

Who is more sensitive? I am. I have yet to see my husband cry.

Who has more friends? I probably do, but that's just because I make a greater effort to track down old friends and stay in touch with existing ones. I'm also a girl, which I think puts me at a slight advantage.

Who has more siblings? Neil does: 2 younger brothers, 1 younger sister. I have 1 older brother.
signautre

2 comments:

Twinkies said...

That was awesome. It was so cool that I decided to steal your idea. I hope you don't mind. =]

Valeri said...

I can't take the credit - I saw it on another blog and thought it looked like fun.