Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Turn Around...

4 years ago tonight (almost to this moment), Chloe made me a mama.



My how the time has flown. I can hardly even remember Chloe being a baby! How sad! She's such a little lady now; determined, sharp, witty and precocious. The girl knows what she wants, and while that presents plenty of challenges for her parents, I know it's going to really pay off some day.

In the weeks leading up to Chloe's birth, I frequently listened to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's album, 'Love Is Spoken Here'. To this day those songs take me to the land of nostalgia; to those tender final moments of anticipating her arrival, and those tender first moments of holding her in my arms. One song in particular will forever hold a place in my heart, as it has practically taken the words right out of my mouth (and, no doubt, will continue to). It's a bittersweet song that any mother can relate to.

Turn Around
by Harry Belafonte

Where are you going my little one, little one
Where are you going my baby my own
Turn around and you're two, turn around and you're four
Turn around and you're a young girl going out of the door

Turn around (turn around)
Turn around (turn around)
Turn around and you're a young girl
goin' out of the door

Where are you going my little one, little one
Dirndls and petticoats, where have you gone
Turn around and you're tiny, turn around and you're grown
Turn around and you're a young wife with babes of your own





Happy Birthday Chloebug! I look forward to turning around lots more as you continue to grow... Love you.
signautre

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!! I've been thinking about her all day and hoping she has had a wonderful birthday! I love that song and always think of you when I hear it.
Chase sure misses Chloe. I wish we could be there to celebrate with you.
Love you guys!

Mama Jill and Papa Roy said...

What a sweet birthday post for our darling Chloebug. I cried looking at it, reminiscing about these past four years of precious Chloe's presence in our lives. How well I remember being there just hours after she was born, taking her home, listening with you to that song again and again, witnessing firsthand your tender emotions about your brand new little daughter. Knowing so well even then that all-too-soon you would "...turn around...(and she'd be) two (then) four...." and here she is. It really got me. Oh our sweet little Chloe. We love you forever. May your birthday last and last....

She couldn't ask for better parents, or a sweeter brother.

Love you all,
Gma Jill & Gpa Roy

Cumorah said...

So sweet --- I'm going to have to find that song now!

Leslie said...

precious posting. what sweet photos.
i hope you and your family are well. i haven't checked here for a while, but i finally am and this was sweet.

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget the first time I saw Chloe and got to hold her in my arms! It was like a glimse of heaven. Happy Birthday Chloe. We all love you so much!
G&G Susie and David

Dunbabin said...

Chloe is so precious! I don't think I'll ever forget the feelings after the delivery of my first born. Those feelings of being a mom for the first time are so strong.

Dunbabin said...

Chloe is so precious! I don't think I'll ever forget the feelings after the delivery of my first born. Those feelings of being a mom for the first time are so strong.

Nells-Bells said...

such a cutie! i too had to have c-sections. not fun but so worth all the pain for such beautiful little ones straight from heaven. :)