Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Hallelujah!

We're home, thank goodness! Ryan is still requiring oxygen while he sleeps and while we're in the car (due to poor air circulation, I'm assuming - not that I'm planning to take him anywhere anytime soon), but otherwise he's handling room air pretty well. I kept him on oxygen this evening, I guess more out of paranoia than anything. It's scary to not have a monitor beeping every time his levels decrease (or the tube comes out of his nose). He's also still coughing pretty bad, which was the main reason I justified it. He'll be in our room the next few nights, and has a follow-up appointment Thursday to evaluate his levels and overall state. I gave him a nice long bath tonight and he was in heaven. The poor guy's had it so rough this last week, he definitely deserved some pampering. He smiled and attempted to coo (his voice is still pretty hoarse) the entire time and probably would have been content lounging in that warm water all night!

I'm nervous about tonight seeing that he's still on oxygen. He's become quite the sneak, getting the tube out of his nose whenever possible. I can't blame the kid, but it's still frustrating when I'm constantly having to stick it back in. Hopefully by Thursday we can do away with the oxygen all together. As you can see in the picture above, he's once again succeeded in batting the tube out of his nose. And isn't he proud of himself?
signautre

11 comments:

Wendy said...

I was so happy when you told me earlier today that he was coming home. I'm sure it's nice to be home again. Our prayers are still with you all.
love you!

Coates Family said...

Little boys can be so tricksy. Brandon used to think it was hilarious to take his O2 tubes out of his nose. But then he thought it was even funnier to put them in his mouth and suck on them...at least he was getting the oxygen and having a good time doing it!
I'm glad your little guy is home and got himself pampered. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon and you can ditch the tubes alltogether.

Barry and Shannon said...

Glad to hear that you are home. Being in the hospital with a baby make you a little paronoid doesn't it? Enjoy that O2. I'm so happy that we don't have to deal with it anymore! Hope he continues to get better. Have they mentioned giving him a synagis shot for the RSV?

Rebekah said...

I'm ssssooooo glad to see that he's home. I know he'll be much happier there than in a cold hospital. I hope he continues to recover well! Sending hugs your way!!!

paulak said...

Poor little guy. I am so sorry that he's been sick. I haven't been checking blogs lately...as you can understand. I am sick about not being able to see you while we were here. But of course I understand that your little guy needs you. It was fun to see Chloe at church though.

Jodi said...

Glad you are home! Even though he's still on oxygen, his color looks so good and he looks so happy...probably to be home! :) Hope he's back to 100% soon!!!!!

Stef said...

Yeah Ryan!! So glad he's doing better and that your back to the comforts of your own home!

Nells-Bells said...

that cute little face and smile! what a trooper. so sad when these poor little babies have to go through so much. i always feel so helpless when my kids are sick. you had better take a long bath yourself and try to relax too!

Angie said...

Oh I'm so happy for all of you! Your sweet baby boy is home!

stephschmidt said...

Hooray! That is wonderful news! I hope he continues to do well!

Camille said...

So cute and yet so heartbreaking that he was so sick. I'm so glad he's home and on the mend.