Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Well hello there, summer!

Today is the first day of summer and I believe it!  Unlike Colorado where you rarely know which season you're in because snow falls in June and 75 degrees in February isn't so uncommon, California weather is a bit more predictable.  Summer has been upon us for a few weeks now, between swim lessons, watermelon, evening bike rides, bare feet, wandering the local Farmer's Market, getting acquainted with our swimming pool, grilling burgers, sun screen, rosy cheeks, popsicles, buying cutesy water bottles to keep us hydrated through the scorching next few months, building a tan, more swimming, and finally, though we resisted as long as we could, turning on the air conditioning.

Today's high?  102!  And according to weather.com, it's exactly that right now.  This is the first day that 2011 has seen triple digits, and only the first of many, I'm afraid.  Appropriate though, I suppose, since today is the first day of summer.  I say bring it!  If I endured Vacaville's summer heat waves for twenty years, I can certainly get used to Ripon's now!


Happy Summer!
signautre

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So stinkin cute!! Yeah Im not so sure about this heat thing and Im not looking forward to a.c bill, thats for sure:) How are you?? I need to come get our pics taken of our family sometime in July!!