Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 24: "I doot!"

"I doot!"  Easily Ryan's most frequently said phrase these days.  Translation?  "I do it!"  Whether it be putting his socks on, walking down the stairs and counting as he goes, applying the gob of toothpaste onto his crusted toothbrush (since he demanded to rinse it out himself the last time he brushed), placing his blankets and toys and pillow and Woody doll and trains and whatever other toy(s) he just can't sleep without onto his bed, screwing the sippy cup lid onto the sippy cup, or selecting his dinner fork, Ryan is becoming ridiculously independent.  Sometimes it's cute.  Sometimes it's not.  Sometimes, as I watch him throw himself onto the floor in a dramatic rage because, heaven forbid, I picked his baseball shirt when he wanted his football shirt, I just want to say, "Get over yourself, kid!  It does not matter!"  But then I remind myself he's 2.

In honor of Ryan's independence, here's my Day 24 capture.

I suppose you could say this picture represents a tired mom who's resorted to diapers after an unsuccessful (and stinky) day of accidents and dirty undies; or, simply, a stubborn boy who demands to do everything himself right down to fastening his diaper.  Either description works. 

On a side note, I'm sorry I sorta disappeared from the blogging world after Day 23.  Neil went out of town last weekend, Chloe got sick, and I've been feeling low.  Yep, that about sums it up.  I did finish out the month, though, and will post day's 25-28 shortly.
signautre

No comments: