Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Mama Susie!

Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law, Susie!

{Proud Grandma with Chloe, Grant & Ryan - July 2010}

Susie has been a good mama to me for nearly 8 years, and a fun grandma to my babies.  I have never met a harder working, more cheerful and energetic woman in all my life!  She is also the most thorough and efficient cleaner around, and I'm grateful that skill has rubbed off on my husband!  I'm serious!  I used to be intimidated by her tendency to want to clean whenever she came to my house.  Now I look forward to it and gladly allow her to work her magic whenever and wherever she pleases.  Not 3 hours after she arrived here to visit last month, Neil and I left her with our two kids and our nephew Grant to go run some errands.  We were gone maybe an hour and a half.  The kids were happily playing together when we got home, and after exchanging a few words, Susie nonchalantly says, "Oh, and I mopped your floors."  You what?  With a 4 1/2 year old, a 20 month old and a 19 month old running around, you mopped my floors? Are you kidding me?  The woman doesn't mess around!  And I love her for it!

I don't just love her for her cleaning skills!  I could write a full list of qualities and other reasons why I love her.  In fact, I have!  HERE!

Mama Susie, I hope this day provides laughter, happiness and all the other good things life has to offer!  Wish I could give you a big birthday hug!  Love you.
signautre

No comments: