Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Big Sister Prep Course

No, I'm not pregnant, though I'm quickly learning how anxious Chloe is to have a sibling.

Here's Chloe and Emme, my friend Dayna's little 7-week-old. Emme came over Tuesday afternoon, and Chloe was absolutely enthralled with her the ENTIRE ONE HOUR she was here.

She followed me everywhere I took Emme, constantly asking to hold her and/or "help". She cuddled, kissed, hugged, "soothed", patted, wiped her little mouth when Emme spit up, placed the binky in and out of her mouth hundreds of times (Emme really loved that), and wrapped her lovingly in her blanket.
If I even dared take Emme out of Chloe's sight or reach, I'd be fighting quite the battle. I was amazed at how intrigued she was by Emme, not just initially, but for the entire hour she was here! It was a very precious time for the two of us, and good preparation for the events to come.
signautre

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! she will be a awesome big sister someday...Addie has those same hair clips..great minds think alike! give her loves from us!

dayna said...

Oh such cute pictures of Chloe! Emme still looks like an old man to me. Hopefully she will get some cute chub on her soon! Thanks SO much for having her for an hour! You saved me!