Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A half birthday and a birthday birthday

My boy is 3 1/2 today.  Yes, I'm the mom who celebrates half birthdays (just like my mom does), and chances are slim that that will ever change.

Ryan is such a burst of sunshine in my life.  He is the easiest kid to love, and melts my heart repeatedly.  The sweet and mellow disposition he was born with continues to thrive, and every day I find myself just swooning over the darling little boy he is.  I simply cannot get enough of him.

I have another Ryan update post in the making, but for now, here's a picture to capture his 3 1/2 year-old little self.  He has been on a Bob the Builder kick lately, and so his little tool belt (which I made him for Christmas) and tools (which Grandma Susie bought him to be stored in said tool belt) has gotten quite a bit of recent use.

Upon taking the above picture on Sunday, I was reminded of a similar picture of Neil when he was around Ryan's same age.  It must be their similar expressions that surfaced the memory of this photo.  Isn't it amazing how closely they resemble one another?  When Ryan saw these today, he said, "Hey, that's me and me!"  I love it!  I love having a son who looks just like his handsome daddy.
I'm so glad I get to hang out with this kid every day.  He's such a treasure.   Happy Half Birthday, buddy! 

And on a side note, but an equally important one, happy birthday to my brother-in-law, Jeff!  He and I were talking cameras a month or so ago, and while I'm always up for any discussion involving that subject, I really enjoyed catching up with him, too.  Life gets so busy that we rarely make time for such things, so it was nice to take a pause and just talk. 

I think this picture, which I took at Lake Powell last September is an accurate representation of the FUN dad Jeff is. 

We love you, Jeff, and hope you've had a wonderful day! 
signautre

No comments: